Descendants of Richard Chandler born 1751
|Organization of Chapter||Group 3||Group 3 Forum Members Only||Group 3 Photographs|
Organization of the Group 3 Chapter
Each CFA Chapter will decide for itself the best method of researching, collaborating, and sharing with the association. Group 3, the first CFA chapter, has established an online forum where the members will be able to work together and exchange information. There are currently twenty members of the Group 3 Chapter. An early chapter project will be an initial vignette of genetic family #3 to be added to the montage of stories on the CFA website indexed at Genetic Chandler Families. If you are interested in knowing more about Group 3, read the information below. If you would like to contact the Group 3 Chapter or request an invitation to join the forum, write to Vicki at .
Chandler DNA Project Group 3
|Group 3 Earliest Known Ancestor|
|Place of Birth||Approx. Year of Birth||Approx. Year of Death||Place of Death|
|Richard Chandler||VA USA?||1751|
Before the Chandler DNA project began to produce results, some believed that Richard was a descendant of 1610 immigrant John, and that is what was entered in the John Chandler Descendants Chart Book. A number of DNA project participants, descended from Richard’s son Richard born 1775 or his presumed brother Hezekiah born 1774, produced test results quite different from the descendants of 1610 immigrant John (DNA Group 7A), and the CFA’s database (CFALD) now records Richard, father of Richard and Hezekiah, at the top of the Group #3 genetic family, with no known ancestors. There are two possible reasons for the DNA results:
- There was some form of adoption of a non-Chandler male into an established Chandler family (which could have been a 7A family). The adoption could have been an act of kindness, a marital infidelity, or a daughter’s illegitimate child. The adoptee could have been raised without knowledge of his origins, and therefore believed himself to be part of that family and its ancestry. If this was the case, you would expect our Group 3 participants to have quite a few matches with people of another surname – the surname of the original donor of the Group 3 Y-chromosome – and no substantial evidence of that has been seen.
- Group 3 is a long-established Chandler family with roots and members back in England, and we just haven’t discovered them yet. This is likely to be the case, though that does not rule out the possibility that Richard and Hezekiah had some forebears in pre-revolution America.
Ten DNA project participants so far have test results placing them in genetic Chandler family #3. Most are believed to descend from Richard, but one claims descent from his presumed brother Hezekiah. Several CFA members who belong in Group 3 have elected to have their Chandler lineage displayed on this website. You can view those lineages here: Members and their lineage. Instructions are available on that page if you want your lineage added.
Chandler Group 3 Four Generation Descendants List
Update: 03/27/2021: At the present time, Chapter 3 has identified two progenitor lines. There are DNA matches between descendants of these two lines, but the exact relationship between Hezekiah and Richard is unknown. To see the first 4 generations for each line, click on the reports below:
- Richard Chandler Descendants
- Richard Chandler Pedigree
- Hezekiah Chandler Descendants
- Hezekiah Chandler Pedigree