News Releases & More
2018 Annual Meeting
- Help promote our 2018 Annual Meeting in Little Rock, Arkansas, by printing the 2018 Annual Meeting flyer and delivering it to your local genealogy group, historical society, or public library.
- The CFA held its 2017 annual meeting September 15-16 in Tampa, Florida. A brief news release was provided for use by anyone who could help publicize the meeting.
- The CFA will hold its 2016 annual meeting September 9 and 10 in Greenville, South Carolina. This brief news release may be used by anyone who can help publicize the meeting.
- Tour leader Errol Chandler sent this press release to all the local media, newspapers, magazines, radio and television stations covering Somerset, where Wells is located. Similar releases were sent to media outlets in Hampshire and Wiltshire, locations of some of the other sites that will be visited.
2015 Annual Meeting
- Help promote our 2015 Annual Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky, by printing the 2015 Annual Meeting flyer and delivering it to your local genealogy group, historical society, or public library.
2014 Annual Meeting
- Help promote our 2014 Annual Meeting by printing the 2014 Annual Meeting flyer and delivering it to your local genealogy group, historical society, or public library.
- 2014 Annual Meeting News Release
2013 Annual Meeting
- 2013 Annual Meeting Flyer (PDF)
2012 News Releases
2011 News Releases
2010 News Releases
10 Ways You Can Support the CFA(PDF)
Excerpt from the Spring 2014 CFA Newsletter
CFA Information Sheet(PDF)
Will you be attending a family reunion or a genealogy society meeting? Please print a few copies of our information sheet to share with anyone who might be interested in Chandler genealogy or in joining our association. The information sheet and the brochure below have very similar content – but the information sheet can be quickly printed on your home computer.
Chandler Family Association brochure
Professionally printed on 2 sides on coated paper, appropriate size for any brochure rack or for mailing. Contains general and historical information about the CFA, the history of the Chandler surname, and contact information for the association. This is intended as a membership recruitment tool. You might request some to take to a family reunion or genealogy conference, or you might need just one or two to share with potential members of your acquaintance. There is no limit to the number of brochures you may request, provided you have a firm intention to place them where they may attract Chandler researchers and potential members. Contact Helen by telephone at 901-355-5614 or email at to request the number of brochures you need.
CFA included in Federation of Family History Societies presentation in London
As a member of the UK-based Federation of Family History Societies (FFHS), the CFA was invited to participate in a PowerPoint presentation that will be shown on a large plasma screen in the FFHS booth at the huge Who Do You Think You Are? genealogy jamboree in London February 24-26. We were able to submit up to six slides, using the FFHS template with our own words, images and fonts. The slides will be part of the continuously looping presentation that will be viewed by WDYTYA visitors over two days. You can see our part of the presentation (presented as a PDF for ease of viewing) here: docs/ffhs_2012.pdf